Saturday, December 19, 2009

Keep Your Pets Safe This Holiday Season

Lazy on the Couch
Photo of Nigel by Renee Tellez (That's me!)

Brought to you by Deb Kern of the Humane Society of Huron Valley: Every year thousands of pets are rushed to animal emergency rooms because they were accidentally poisoned by household items. According to the ASPCA, they handled 140,000 cases of pet poisonings in 2008.

Here are three very important tips:

1. Don't feed sweets, especially chocolate, to your pets. It is highly toxic.

2. Be cautious when decorating. Many holiday plants are toxic and decorations, such as tinsel and ribbon, can cause serious illness or even death.

3. You wouldn't sleep outside in the cold and neither should your pet.

Read the entire entry from contributor Deb Kern at

No comments:

Post a Comment